Dramatic changes in sales and use tax rules hit the deck in 2019. As of December 2019, here’s a summary of some of the changes to come:
- 43 states adopted economic nexus laws, requiring out-of-state sellers to collect sales tax
- 36 of those states also enforced marketplace facilitator laws
Even more tax changes went into effect in 2020.
Businesses of all types and sizes – (many of whom had NO PREVIOUS CONCERNS about sales tax obligations!) have had to scramble to keep up with changing tax rules.
Unfortunately, those changes and complexities are NOT expected to slow down.
THIS is the time to prepare for even more sales tax changes to go into effect.
Want to learn more? Here are some additional resources brought to you by Avalara:
NOTE – Would you like a personal introduction to our Avalara Representative? Please give us a call at 734-544-7620 and we will be pleased to coordinate the next step on your behalf.
- Sales & Use Tax Compliance for Dummies
- Why You Need to Consider Tax Automation
- 5 Ways Growing Companies Get Tripped Up by Sales Tax
- Taking Your Business in a New Direction
- Business Expansion and Sales Tax Nexus