Will the QuickBooks Sunset Impact My Accounting or QuickBooks Services?
Until May 31, 2023, QuickBooks provides customer support and add-on services for Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023. However, if you are still using a 2020 version of QuickBooks, your business may be affected on May 31st.
Why? If you are currently using a 2020 version (or older) you may be impacted by the May 31st “QuickBooks Sunset.” The term “sunset” means that certain features of the software will no longer function or be supported by QuickBooks. What does that mean for your business?
Will my version of QuickBooks be impacted?
If you’re using one of the 2020 versions of QuickBooks listed below, basic software features will still work, but you will lose some functionality on May 31. To preserve your add-on services, you must upgrade to the 2023 version.
The QuickBooks Sunset on May 31 will affect these 2020 versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition
- QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
If you DON’T use any of the QuickBooks add-on services (see list of add-on services below) or require live technical support, you can continue to use your 2020 version. But, there are other good reasons to upgrade. For instance, if you’re looking for new features, or need a more robust version to keep up with your growing business, you may decide that this is a good time to make the upgrade to QuickBooks Pro Plus, Premier Plus, or Enterprise 2023.
What features will be affected as of the QuickBooks Sunset date?
These features will be affected on May 31 for 2020 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions.
- QuickBooks desktop payroll services including Assisted, Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Workers Comp Payment Service, and QuickBooks Workforce (formerly View My Paycheck)
- Payment processing including credit card and check transactions.
- Recurring Payments downloads. (Recurring payment transactions will continue to process.)
- eInvoice – you won’t be able to process eInvoice (email of invoice with pay link enabled) which requires a supported version of QuickBooks and an active payments subscription.
- Merchant Service Deposit (reconciliation) including download of credit card and check info.
- Live support
- Online backup
- Online banking
- Critical security updates
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service
- Contributed Reports feature
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- QuickBooks Time
If it’s time for you to update or upgrade to one of the 2023 versions of QuickBooks, be sure to get in touch with us right away. As Intuit Solution Providers, we can help you choose the best fit for your company, AND provide the best available pricing for your new package.
Next Steps! Ready to upgrade?
We all know how quickly those late afternoons can pass, so don’t let the upcoming QuickBooks sunset sneak up on you!
If an upgrade is right for your business, don’t delay! You will want time to be able to ask questions and install your new version without the stress of the May 31 deadline.
Contact us to help you find the right software fit for your company (9 am – 5 pm Eastern at 734-544-7620).
- Is cloud-based accounting something you’ve been thinking about? Be sure to mention that when you call in. We can show you how QuickBooks Desktop can be configured for “anytime, anywhere” access using Intuit-authorized hosting services.
- Wondering if Enterprise might be a good choice for your company? Be sure to ask us about the 1 through 10-user (or up to 30-user!) versions of Enterprise, as well as the monthly payment feature.