Are you one of the many small-business owners taking on your own accounting? Let QuickBooks desktop help you like it’s helped millions others.
In recent years, many small- and midsize-business owners have been steering away from using trained accountants for their financial needs and, instead, have taken on the responsibility internally – either by doing the books themselves, or by assigning the duties to an internal employee. This movement stems from a combination of technological advances and the availability of inexpensive, generic software. But unfortunately, although accounting software is one of the primary tools that you need to get to your desired results, it doesn’t work entirely on its own.
Of course, one of the most user-friendly and flexible accounting software packages available is QuickBooks (or Enterprise Solutions if you’re a larger business). But powerful, customizable tools also require trained ‘operators’ – and over time I’ve found that many costly mistakes can happen when untrained people just jump into using their accounting software.
In order to be successful, anyone who’s been charged with accounting responsibilities has to not only step up to the plate to learn how to use the accounting software they’ve chosen, but they need to learn some relatively complex accounting tasks and management reporting skills. In response to that need, I’ve been working with clients for many years to teach them how to do just that using QuickBooks and Enterprise Solutions.
In fact, learning how to use QuickBooks to perform even fairly complicated accounting procedures can be easy if you have good instruction, and approach it on a step-by-step basis.
You Can Learn QuickBooks Online, Too
It’s almost always easier for someone to learn through spoken and visual instruction than through a how-to book. And now, thankfully, due to advancing technology, and high-speed Internet connections anyone, anywhere can use the Internet to learn QuickBooks online now.
The workshops that I offer through BuildYourNumbers.com teach skills, such as:
- How to customize your QuickBooks software.
- How to create job-cost reports, standard accounting reports, and financial control systems.
- How to access useful, timely, reliable information in order to run your company more effectively and profitably.
- Tips, tricks, and techniques that will help you become a ‘QuickBooks gymnast’ – coaching that helps you move effortlessly through even the most complex scenarios.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to move from the darkness of financial confusion and chaos into the sunlight of monetary order and clarity?
In addition to training classes that help you learn QuickBooks in an online setting, we also offer one-to-one coaching, business advisory services, and support. So, whether through online training classes for QuickBooks or via one-to-one Internet-based personalized coaching and training, we walk you through steps such as the following:
- Help you define what kinds of financial information you need to see for your business.
- If you are currently using QuickBooks, we start you out with a “35-Point Checkup” that examines the current status of QuickBooks, and then prioritize the steps required to clean up areas that need to be fixed.
- Help you look at the underlying “structural design” of your accounting system.
- We find out what project stages owners and estimators want to track and what types of day-to-day reports will help the business perform more effectively.
- After the system’s structure is in place, we help train the primary caretaker (i.e., whether you’re the owner, spouse, administrative assistant, or bookkeeper) in basic, mid-level, and advanced accounting and job-costing techniques, including industry-specific accounting concepts, methods, data-entry procedures, and financial controls.
How Do We Teach You QuickBooks Online?
Our workshops are each focused on a specific topic that is covered in depth.
- We start with an overview of the primary topics that we’ll be working on.
- Then we provide you with extensive PDF handouts that include the material that’s being covered, and supporting materials, such as:
- Screen shots,
- Sample documents
- Insights and opinions
- Resources for additional information
- Then we cover the information presented in the handouts, and move back and forth between the handouts and QuickBooks or Enterprise.
- If a topic is mentioned during the workshop but not covered in-depth, we’ll let you know what workshop will cover that specific topic in more detail.
- At the conclusion of each workshop, we review the materials covered. If you have questions, we invite you to contact us via phone or email.
So, Are You Ready To Get Started?
If you’re ready to use the Internet to learn QuickBooks desktop job costing online, we offer a menu of options:
- You can subscribe to the affordable QuickBooks and job-cost subscription training series
- If you’d like individual coaching (we connect with you online using a secure GoToMeeting session), or
- If you have any other questions, you can give us a call or send me an e-mail to learn more about our customized one-to-one training and business advisory services.
So, if you’re ready to learn more about how you can turn your QuickBooks or Enterprise accounting software into a powerful management accounting and job cost reporting system, please click on the links above to learn more!